Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I Was Meant To Be A Boy Mom

Disclaimer: I'm going to generalize a bit in this post. I know not all girls are frilly pink princesses and not all boys are wrestle maniacs- though this has been my general experience. Our home is pretty old school traditional when it comes to cooking, cleaning, and all that jazz, but that's how I want it, so I feel totally liberated.

I think it's fair to say that most of us were meant to be either girl parents or boy parents. Some of you are lucky enough to have both boys and girls, which means at least one of your kids will hate you someday. I'm totally kidding (kinda).

Here are the reasons that I know I was meant to be a Boy Mom:

I have the mind of a twelve year old boy No joke, I still think farts are hilarious and can't say the word "balls" with a straight face. I should probably grow up and be a better role model, but it's so much fun to laugh and laugh while I moon my boys.

I can't french braid The idea of having to do someone else's hair everyday (I barely do my own) sounds like such a pain in the ass! I remember fighting with my mom over brushing my long, curly hair until she made me cut it in fifth grade and I had triangle hair... Luckily my kiddos sport the "little boy cut" and can go right to the barber with Dadd-O.

Saying penis is so much easier than vagina... or vulva... or labia Seriously, I know I have one of these things, but the idea of talking about it or cleaning one (that's not mine) totally terrifies me! Oddly though, it doesn't bother me one bit to yell, "Get your penis off your brother's leg!"

I really enjoy being the Queen of our castle Being the only girl in the house totally rocks. As these boys get older, I plan to never take out the trash, mow the lawn, shovel snow or lift anything heavy (unless I want to, of course). I do realize that I'll be busy cooking enough food to feed a small army and washing dirty boxer shorts (but at least it'll be quiet and hopefully drama free).

No comments:

Post a Comment