Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Taking the Challenge

I've been feeling pretty unhealthy for awhile now. It seems like every Monday I make the same promise to myself- to do better, to eat good and I would... for a couple of days. Then I'd make a poor food choice, get a major case of the fuck-its and stop paying attention to what I put into my mouth. A bagel here, McDonald's there, two bottles of hard cider after dinner- you get the picture. I wasn't just off the wagon, I was dragging behind it by my feet.

Before my wedding, I was really in a groove- I lost 56 pounds by doing Weight Watchers. I was able to easilly maintain my weight between 140 and 150 pounds. But then life happened: I got married, I lost my mother, I carried two beautiful sons, I canceled my gym membership, and I used all sorts of excuses to feed my feelings and pack on the pounds. This time around, I've tried counting colories and points, using apps and food journals, but I just haven't been able to get to that mental place that I need to be in to eat healthy foods and more importantly, to stick with it. Oddly, I'm not even that unhappy with my weight (I'm still about 25 pounds less than my highest college weight of 197) but I'm feeling ridiculously tired all.the.time and uncomfortable in most of my clothes (and my skin for that matter!). I'm at the point where I'm ready to feel healthier.

I wanted a hobby, so I'm creating one- taking care of ME. Today I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I vow to be brutally honest as I document my experience over the next 24 days. While there are supplements involved, the challenge is really about eating real foods for the purpose of fueling your body. This is meant to be a new way of life, not a fad diet.

Starting Stats:

Weight- 174 pounds
Chest- 41.5 inches
Waist- 34.5 inches
Hips- 45.75 inches
Thigh- 24 inches
Pants Size- 14

All in the name of accountability, folks!


WISH ME LUCK!

2 comments:

  1. You can TOTALLY do it!!! I know how you feel and am in the exact same boat. I have yet to pick up a scale (on the top on my list for our next trip to Leb ;))... But it's TIME! Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete