Monday, September 30, 2013

More Than A Number

Every major milestone in my life has a number attached to the memory.

Freshman Year Prom- 148
High School Graduation- 168
College Graduation- 195
January 4, 2005 (the day I started Weight Watchers)- 196
My Wedding Day- 136
The day I found out I was pregnant with H- 155
The day I gave birth to H- 188
The day I found out I was pregnant with J- 161
The day I gave birth to J- 198
The day I started the 24 day challenge- 174
Day 11- 169.6
This morning- 170.2

I know that I'm more than a number, that my worth is not defined by the number on the scale. But these numbers burned so deeply into my memories that I can't seem to forget.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking part of this challenge is putting away the numbers and getting back to the basics of feeling healthy inside. Making time for taking care of you. Establishing healthy habits. You are absolutely right in saying you are more than a number. Now it's your turn to believe in what you say. Just as in any unwanted habit, replace it with WANTED habits. Take charge and live beyond the scale. Get past all the numbers because no matter how big or small they may be, you alone determine your own hapiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such great advice. I keep telling myself that the scale cannot be a predictor of my happiness. My goal is to fit into the piles of clothes I have packed away, nevermind how much I weigh if they fit!

    ReplyDelete