Friday, August 1, 2014

Celebrating Boobs

August is National Breastfeeding Month, and this first week is World Breastfeeding Week. For those of you who know me, either personally or just in Blogland, it's pretty apparent that I'm a devoted breast feeder. Before I became a mother, I never would have imagined how passionate I would feel about breastfeeding and about supporting other women to breastfeed (if that's what they choose to do, or course).

Throughout the month of August I'll be posting stories from close mama friends of mine. My goal is to share an array of breastfeeding experiences, from amazing to challenging (and everywhere in between). Enjoy!

Photo Credit
Disclaimer: Nursing is one of those things that you can't truly understand or appreciate unless you've actually done it. Probably akin to running a marathon... it requires hard work, dedication, commitment and support. All women deserve to be supported- by family, friends, society, policy- if they make the choice to breastfeed. Please don't interpret my supporting and educating women to breastfeed as shunning women who don't- just as supporting gay marriage is not a condemnation of hetero marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment