Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hello Again!

I know, I've been absent. I got sick, and the baby was sick and life happened... but anyway, I'm baaack! And I realized that I never wrote a follow up post when I completed my Advocare 24 Day Challenge.

Update

I lost a total of four pounds and have maintained that loss, I even dipped down to 168.8 for a day! I realize that four pounds in 24 days is pretty good and I'm happy about it, but that loss all happened in the first 10 days and then it stopped.

My size 14 dress pants are looser. Not loose enough to get rid of them, but looser.
I can fit into some of my size 12 dress pants, and snugly fit into a ridiculously expensive pair of jeans I bought before I got pregnant with Jax. They look best paired with a hoodie to cover the muffin top.
I'm planning ahead and tracking what I eat. Anytime I've been successful with losing weight in the past I've used these two tools religiously. The challenge got me back into these habits.

I'm eating so much "cleaner." Before doing the challenge my main focus when looking at nutritional labels was the fat and calories. Now I also pay attention to carbs, protein, sugar and sodium. I try to eat real foods as much as possible, and processed food only occasionally. I keep my sodium low, sugars natural and low, carbs around or below 30 per meal and almost double my suggested daily value in protein.

Current Sample Menu:

Breakfast-
vanilla protein shake
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 banana
1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Morning Snack-
cut up apple
1 tbs peanut butter or 1/4 cup almonds

Lunch-
big spinach salad
4 oz sliced turkey or salmon
light Italian dressing
1/2 cup chickpeas or brown rice

Afternoon Snack-
fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Kashi cereal

Dinner-
5 oz chicken breast
1 cup roasted broccoli, green beans or Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup brown rice, sweet potato or whole wheat pasta

Evening Snack- (some days)
1/4 cup nuts or edamame trail mix

All in all, I'm glad I took the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, but I didn't find the process to be as amazing or life changing as some people do. I feel much less emotionally attached to food and the process of eating... though it's kind of like losing a long-time friend and leaves me feeling just a little bit empty. I know I need to find the hobby that will fill that void.

The major downside to the challenge? I cannot even think about eating another fucking egg white!

No comments:

Post a Comment