Monday, April 28, 2014

Recommitted



Sometimes I do this thing where I feel bad for myself- I get frustrated that I (poor, me) have to worry about my weight and the food I eat. Other people seem to have it so easy- they don't have to plan every meal ahead of time... but not me, I have to think about every little thing that I put into my mouth, every day for the rest of eternity (or so it feels). I go to this irrational place in my head, where everything is black and white. If I make one "bad" food choice, then I might as well throw in the towel and order a cheeseburger, with bacon... and fries. If a meeting runs late and I miss an exercise class, I might as well skip the gym altogether. And that, my friends, is what I call a case of the fuck-its.

I've had it bad for the the last two weeks. It's been two weeks of...

Overeating
Anxiety
Excuses
Lethargy
Guilt


And to a certain extent, Freedom.

Today I am recommitting to health... to happiness... and to ME!



4 comments:

  1. The to "ME" is the most important part! That will bring you happiness within itself! Happy healthy eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Me time" is something that I struggle with so much since becoming a mom- I'm a work in progress for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Those peppers look amazing! Get it, girl!

    ReplyDelete